Cilantro Lime Fries
You Will Need:
1 Bag of Frozen Fries (or your own fry recipe)
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Head Cilantro
Feta or Cojita
Red Pepper Flakes
1) As the fries are baking mince up the garlic into very small pieces. (Remember, the smaller these ingredients are, the more likely they are to adhere to the French Fries.) Toss it into a mixing bowl big enough to toss with the cooked French Fries.
2) Tear the leaves off of the cilantro and cut it up into small pieces as well. (I usually don’t have a problem including some stems, but they are heavier and you want the cilantro to be as light as possible.) Add to the bowl.
3. Crumble up the feta or cojita into as small of pieces as possible. The cojita is a little easier to work with since it is a Mexican crumbling cheese. But really either flavor profile works well here. Add to the bowl.
4. Zest the lime and add it to the mixture in the bowl.
5. Add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
6. Once the fries are cooked toss them in with the mixture. It is a good idea to do it while the fries are still hot. The ingredients will adhere better.
7. Serve and enjoy.
Seriously. I think garlic rosemary fries are the best. It’s pretty similar to the process above. Except you want to grate parmesan, mince up rosemary, mince the garlic and add salt/pepper to taste.