It’s so simple, so summer and so fresh. Grilled peaches are a great way to extend that summer grilling experiences into the exploration of grilling desert items. Our friend who was over enjoying this dumped salt on his wife’s peach and a prank and she thought it was a salted caramel recipe. So if you want to extend my instructions and making it your own by adding some salt... apparently it was quite yummy. (She didn’t even know he was pranking her.
1/2 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Half and Half
1/2 cup White Sugar
Vanilla Ice Cream
Pinch of Salt
1. Turn on your grill to a medium/high setting of 350-400 degrees. Allow it to heat up.
2. Halve and depit the peaches.
3. In a sauce pan, melt 4 oz of butter. Whisk in 1/2 cup half and half, 1 cup of brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Continue to whisk together for 5-7 minutes. And set it aside.
4. In a small/mixing bowl melt the other 1/4 cup of butter. Stir in 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar. With a basting brush, brush the top of the peaches with this mixture.
5. Place the peaches on the grill, center (and butter sugar) side up. Grill for about 3 min, then flip and grill for another 3 minutes.
6. Top with vanilla bean ice cream and the caramel sauce.
7. Go "mmmmmmmmmm".