Truly, truly, truly simple. No exaggeration on this end. This soup also hits the spot. It seriously takes like 10 minutes of prep and then just has to sit in your Dutch oven for an hour. But not to worry, I left it on for three, and it was still okay to go. And if you're worried about not having a Dutch oven, don’t be. A crock pot will work just fine. But we will get to that later.
1 lbs Spicy Pork Sausage
1 1/2 32 oz Tuscan Chicken Broth Boxes (48 oz)
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Head Kale
5 Cloves Garlic
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tbsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Pepper
1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. Turn your stove onto a high heat and put the Dutch Oven on it.
2. Put the sausage and the minced garlic in and cook until done/browned; breaking it up along the way. (If you've chosen to use a crock pot, you might want to do this part on the stove top with a pan, but if not, the sausage will cook fine in the broth.)
3. Remove the kale leaves from their stalk and rip up into smallish pieces. (Small enough to fit onto a spoon once cooked) Add the kale to the pot.
4. Peel the sweet potatoes and dice up into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks. Put them into the pot.
5. Add the spices, cover, reduce to a low heat and cook for 1-3 hours. The ingredients should cook in one hour, but I just left mine on a low heat for 2 1/2. It really doesn’t matter.
Told you that was easy!