A simple, delicious and healthy salad. Beans, corn, cilantro, bbq chicken, baked tortilla strips, avocado, chipotle ranch... It is, as my daughter says, "scrumptious". It’s also wildly uncomplicated to make.
Makes 4 salads
2 chicken breasts
3 heads of romaine
1/2-1 cup cilantro, canned (or grilled) corn
3 corn tortillas
Chipotle Ranch (<--- link to my recipe)
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1. Cook your chicken breasts however you like. In the oven for 25 min at 350 degrees. Sear them off on a stove top. It’s your call. Dice the chicken breasts and toss in roughly 1/2 cup of the barbeque sauce of your choosing. (I like something a little sweet for this recipe.)
2. Lightly spray your corn tortillas with cooking spray. Using a pizza cutter, cut them into thin strips about 1 1/2 inches long. Place them on a silicone mat or a greased baking sheet and broil for 3-5 minutes, or until crisping/browning. Set them aside.
3. Cut up your romaine. I like to cut mine up fairly small, like I chopped salad. I do this with all of my romaine salads. The dressing and other flavors mix really well this way.
4. Open and drain your beans and your corn.
5. Dice up your avocado.
6. Tear off some cilantro leaves.
7. Start with the romaine as a base. Add the beans, corn, chicken, avocado, feta and cilantro leaves.
8. Drizzle the chipotle ranch dressing and top with tortilla strips.
9. You may add a lime wedge if you like to add a little acidity to the dish.