Buffalo Dip is one of my go to football appetizers. It’s easy and everyone loves it. The problem is that once you pile on the cream cheese, sour cream and shredded cheese, the calories are outrageous. I substituted the cream/cream cheese/sour cream with, dun-duh-dun... cauliflower. I feel so silly for not thinking of this earlier. I've done cauliflower buffalo "wings" and cauliflower based sauces. So why not take the same method/flavor profile and apply it to this dip?!?! Well guess what, it worked. You seriously don't even miss all the cream cheese. There is only 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese in the whole dish. (And that may sound like a lot, but it’s not when you think about the fact the other ingredients are cauliflower, lean chicken breast and buffalo sauce. The 1 1/2 cups of cheese equates to just over 450 calories from cheese for the whole dish. So unless you're planning it eating the whole casserole dish solo, its really not that bad at all.
2 chicken breasts
1 head of cauliflower (about 3 cups pureed)
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican (or sharp cheddar) cheese
1 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot (original cayenne)
1 tbsp garlic powder
1. Boil your chicken breasts for roughly 10-12 minutes. If you have a KitchenAid KSM150PSWH 5-Qt. Artisan Series with Pouring Shield - WhiteKitchenAid KSM150PSWH 5-Qt. Artisan Series with Pouring Shield - WhiteKitchen aid Stand Mixer. Toss the chicken into the bowl and with the paddle attachment; simply shred the chicken by turning the appliance on to a medium setting. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can shred it by hand. Then go buy one.)
2. Cut your cauliflower into large chunks and boil for roughly 10 minutes. Transfer to a Vitamix 5200 Series Blender, BlackVitamix 5200 Series Blender, BlackVitamix blender and puree until smooth.
3. Dump the cauliflower puree, shredded cheese, buffalo sauce and garlic powder into the mixing bowl and stir until all the ingredients are mixed well. (If you already have your chicken in the stand mixer, then use that and mix on a low setting.
4. Transfer the dip to a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Serve with chips, celery, carrots or whatever else you may choose.