So, I will admit it, this wasn't an entirely original thought. I saw something similar on pinterest and decided that I had to recreate it. I mean what about this doesn't seem appetizing. My sister thought it sounded odd, but what does she know? (A lot actually.) And I'm guessing if you've clicked this link, I have peaked your interest. If you like brie, a combination of brie and fruit and chewy, crispy delicious pizza dough, then this is certainly for you. I devoured it! You could serve it as an appetizer for a party, wine night or as a dinner. At some point in time I fully have the intention of executing all three. But last night, it was my dinner.
I will include a link for the dough recipe below. Because, I have to brag, last night was my best dough ever! So the ingredient list bellow is for the toppings. It makes 3 8-10 inch pizzas. Why I made three while my husband is out of town is beyond me! I ate one for dinner, gave one to a friend and ate the third for my breakfast and lunch today.
Pizza Dough (3 dough balls)
12 oz blackberries
1 wheel of brie
1/2-3/4 cup gorgonzola (for all 3 pizzas)
package of baby arugula
honey for drizzling
1. We are going to assume you have a) clicked the hyperlink above for my pizza dough recipe -or- b)foolishly have used your own. :) Once the dough is rolled out and on the hot preheated pizza stone, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt, garlic powder and corn meal, you will begin adding your toppings.
2. Slice the brie wheel so that the strips of cheese are roughly 1/4" thick. Also prep your blackberries by halving them down the length of the fruit.
3. Lay your brie out like flower petals. Add the blackberries, the arugula and then the gorgonzola.
4. Place the pizza on the top third of the oven on the broil setting for 3-5 minutes. All of this is outlined more thoroughly in the dough recipe.
5. Remove the pizza and drizzle it with honey.
6. Cut and serve.