What a fresh summer salad... sweet grilled peaches, crisp peppery arugula salty proscuitto and creamy cheese; all topped with a strawberry basil vinaigrette! Yall... I made this salad forever ago (like months ago). But I am so behind in life. I did a cleanse, went to Hawaii then have had my husband away. So mommy time hasn't existed and blogging time certainly has not! So, roughly 6 weeks later, I'm adding my shortest of recipes so I'm less of a blogging slacker. So sorry I have sucked at this. I mean, I know people haven't been able to cook the past 6 weeks. You have stopped going to the store, stopped coooking; stopped eating even! But go ahead people of the world... resume your culinary adventures since I'm going to be consistent again. Pinky promise! This barely counts as a recipe since really the only thing I "made" was the salad dressing. The rest is really just guidelines/inspiration. Cut some cheese, grill some peaches and unpack some arugula. I swear, you can do it!
Serves 4-5 larger side salads
For the Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette:
6 large strawberries
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1-2 tbsp minced basil, packed
pinch of salt
1. Combine all of the above listed ingredients into a food processor (except the basil) and puree until smooth. Add the basil and pulse for a few seconds.
2. Transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until serving.
For the Salad:
1 package arugula
1 4 oz package proscuitto
1 large ball/package fresh mozzarella, burrata, (I found a mozzarella provolone blend that was ah-mazing. I CANNOT find its name.)
2 peaches, sliced
1. Slice the peaches about 1/2 inch thick, and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.
2. Cut the cheese and the proscuitto to your desired size/shape.
3. Toss the arugula, cheese, peaches, proscuitto and salad dressing together.
4. Divide and serve.