I seriously love the above combination in a sandwich, a pizza or a salad. The sweetness of the pickled beets compliments the bite of the arugula and the tartness of the goat cheese. It also offers the wonderful opposites of crunchiness and creaminess.
A loaf of French, sourdough or any other artisan bread really (pre sliced is nice if you’re lazy like me).
A bag or arugula
A jar of pickled beets
A bag of shredded mozzarella
An 8 oz package of goat cheese
I like to use my Cuisinart Panini Press, but you could bake them in the over or grill them on the stove top. It doesn’t really matter.
1. Start by spreading butter on the outsides of the bread. Lay butter side down on the cutting board.
2. Sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella on both sides of the bread.
3. Add goat cheese to one side and the slicked pickled beets on the other.
4. Place on your cooking agent of choice until the bread begins to brown/crisp and the cheese begins to melt.
5. Add the arugula to the center of the Panini and close.
6. You're ready to eat! I actually feel kind of stupid giving you these instructions. It’s pretty obvious. :)