Zucchini Corn Fritters with Cheddar Chipotle Sour Cream
For the Fritter:
3 cups of shredded zucchini (3 medium zucchinis)
1 11 oz can of sweet corn (or frozen, or grilled)
1 ½ cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
½ cup minced basil
1 cup white flour
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2-3 tbsp olive oil for "frying"
For the Cheddar Chipotle Sour Cream:
1 ½ cups sour cream
1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar
2 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp salt
1tsp garlic powder
For the Fritters:
1. Shred the zucchini and press out any extra water.
2. Combine the shredded zucchini, corn, shredded cheddar and chopped up basil into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the spices and stir together well.
4. Add the eggs and the flour, mix together with your hands, until everything is evenly and cohesively mixed.
5. Add to a pan with hot oil. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the pan. Depending on the heat of your pan, and the thickness of the fritters, each side should be cooked 3-4 minutes per side. Cook until browned on one side, flipping with a spatula and repeat.
For the Sour Cream:
1. In a sauce pan, heat the sour cream over a medium heat until it begins to bubble.
2. Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted and blended.
3. Add the chipotle powder, salt and garlic powder, mix well.
(If you want it to be saucy, you can serve it hot. Or if you let it cool, it can be served similar to regular sour cream, and dalloped on top.)