Broiled Rosemary Butter Steaks
I'll break this down for you visually...
2 Steaks (We used NY strip, although Rib eye is hands down my favorite. (1.49 lbs of steak, 2 steaks)
8 cloves of garlic
1/4-1/2 cup butter
course ground pepper
1. Coat your steaks with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. I included the visual above because I'm not real specific here. If you want more or less salt, that’s your call. More spice/pepper, do it. Potent rosemary? Sure!
2. If you can, let those flavors sit on your steak for an hour or so. We did, and it really made a huge difference.
3. Put 1/4- 1/2 of a stick of butter into your skillet. (If you don’t have a skillet, then you can use a regular pan.) Add your steaks.
4. Turn your oven onto a high broil setting.
5. We had one and a half pounds of meat, for a medium rare cook, it was about 4-5 minutes per side. I prefer rare, so the next time we cooked them at 4 min and 3 min. Keep in mind the thickness and weight of your steak is going to have a bearing on how well it is cooked. (Also, since broil is only the top oven heater on a super high heat, you need to make sure you flip your steak, otherwise the bottom won’t be cooked at all. But the butter and the broil give it a great salty caramelization.)
It really was amazing!