Sausage, Kale and Sweet Potato Soup
1 lbs Spicy Pork Sausage
1 1/2 32 oz Tuscan Chicken Broth Boxes (48 oz)
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Head Kale
5 Cloves Garlic
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tbsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Pepper
1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
1. Turn your stove onto a high heat and put the Dutch Oven on it.
2. Put the sausage and the minced garlic in and cook until done/browned; breaking it up along the way. (If you've chosen to use a crock pot, you might want to do this part on the stove top with a pan, but if not, the sausage will cook fine in the broth.)
3. Remove the kale leaves from their stalk and rip up into smallish pieces. (Small enough to fit onto a spoon once cooked) Add the kale to the pot.
4. Peel the sweet potatoes and dice up into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks. Put them into the pot.
5. Add the spices, cover, reduce to a low heat and cook for 1-3 hours. The ingredients should cook in one hour, but I just left mine on a low heat for 2 1/2. It really doesn’t matter.
Told you that was easy!