Spicy Sesame Asian "Noodles"
2 chicken breasts
1 yellow squash
1 head cilantro
4 cloves garlic
1/4 box whole wheat linguini noodles (or more vegetables)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp siracha
1 tsp ginger powder (If you have real ginger use it. I was out. So 2 tsp grated fresh ginger)
1. Halve your chicken breasts down the whole of the breast. (This isn’t necessary, but the thinner they are, the less likely you will over cook them.)
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the chicken in a pan until done. Slice into bite size chunks/strips and set aside.
4. Using a Vegetti (or a mandolin if you don’t have one) prepare your zucchini by turning it in a circular motion in the device.
5. CAREFULLY cut your carrots on a mandolin. (They are too thin for the Vegetii.)
6. Cut your squash. (Mine were too thick for the Vegetti, so I used the mandolin.)
7. Put all of these vegetable as well as the sliced chicken into a large mixing bowl.
8. If you add grain (or any other) noodles to this dish, use about a quarter box and follow the instructions on the packaging.
9. In a separate mixing bowl add minced garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, siracha and ginger (fresh grated or powdered).
10. Pour this mixture over your vegetables, noodles and chicken.
11. Cut up half to two thirds of your cilantro and mix it in as well.
12. Toss it all together serve!