1/2 lb of cheddar cheese (extra sharp or white, grated)
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2- 1 tsp cayenne (depends if you want them spicy or just with a little kick)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup white flour
1. Grate your cheeses into a mixing bowl. (Grate them finely.)
2. Add the butter, the flour and the spices.
3. Using your hands, mix everything together. (I don't mean stir, I mean really smoosh everything together until the ingredients look like one big ball of dough.)
4. Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. Take the dough out and divide it into 4 sections.
6. Roll each section in your hand a little to warm it up and get out any cracks/pockets.
7. Roll out each section into a rope about 1/4 inch in diameter.
8. Cut the ropes into desired lengths.
9. Lay on a silicone mat or a greased baking sheet.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
11. Allow to cool and then serve.