Spinach Salad with Pomegranate, Blueberry and Basil Salsa
This is actually the first thing I made my husband, like ever. (Rewind, oh geez, seven plus years.) We were hungry and he said we should run to the store. I think he grabbed a frozen pizza or something and I was like, I want a salad. He said fine, grab some lettuce. I came back with pomegranates, strawberries, peaches, basil, spinach, gorgonzola and some dressing. I threw together a salad and his frozen pizza went untouched. It’s a great salad. Not only is it filled with antioxidants and healthy, nutritional ingredients; it tastes good too. You can easily add chicken or steak and its a full on meal. And as weird as this may sound, I have put the pomegranate-peach-blueberry-basil-salsa over vanilla ice cream, and it was delicious!
2 containers spinach
1 peach or nectarine
6 oz/1pint blueberries
1 pomegranate 3/4 oz package fresh basil
chicken or steak (optional)
Blackberry-Rosemary Vinaigrette (link to my recipe)
1. If you want meat, cook it and set it aside.
2. In a mixing bowl combine deseeded pomegranate, minced basil, container of blueberries and cut up peach/nectarine (1/4 inch pieces). Stir until consistent.
3. Fill a bowl with spinach.
4. Top with the fruit/basil salsa and some gorgonzola.
5. Finish with the Blackberry-Rosemary White Balsamic dressing.
Its sooo good!