Chicken Tortilla Soup (THE EASY WAY)
This recipe probably isn’t going to go down in the all time most creative and original dishes out there. In fact, it’s barely cooking. But sometimes that is all you have time for. And the flavors are there. Hey, it’s healthy too. There is barely anything in this soup that isn’t already done for you. Even the broth is pre-flavored. I have recently discovered Swanson's flavored broths. And they make soups like stupid easy. So here you go...
1 box Swanson Mexican Tortilla Soup Broth
1 chicken breast
1 can of black beans
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 can of sweet corn
1-2 tortillas (optional)
avocado (optional, but not really)
cheese (I used cojita but you could easily use shredded Mexican cheese.)
sour cream (optional)
1. Pour the broth into a pot, slow cooker or whatever you like to make soup in. (If you use a slow cooker, the chicken will have to stay in longer, my instructions are for a boiling pot.)
2. Bring the broth to a boil and place the whole chicken breast in. Cook for 8-11 minutes, remove and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the broth.
3. Open and add the drained can of black beans and a drained can of sweet corn.
4. Add the whole can of the fire roasted tomatoes.
5. Allow the flavors to cook together on a low heat for at least 20-30 minutes.
top with cheese
top with cilantro
top with sour cream to make a creamy soup
spray a tortilla with cooking spray and place in the oven on broil. Allow each side to brown and then crumble over the soup.