Ham, Pepper and Jalapeno Hash
Breakfast for breakfast, or breakfast for dinner. Either way, this simple one skillet dish will fill your tummy and leave you satisfied. So we had this for dinner, but then we ALSO had it for breakfast the next morning. Look who is putting out fires left and right?!?! Meeee!!!!!! And then you will be too if you cook this simple and hearty dish. Listen, I am not any closer to solving the world's problems. But I have definitely answered the question "Mooooooom, what is for dinner?" Maybe you don't have kids, and this is just an inner dialogue. That is okay too. Seriously, I hold more conversations with myself than other people. Culinary heart-to-hearts aside, there are not many negative things that can be said about a multi purpose dish that only needs one cooking vessel.
Hearty potatoes, crunchy peppers, salty ham, gooey cheese, spicy jalapenos... did I mention simple and one pot? Oh yeah, I think I did. I feel like I should have more to say here. Draw out the intro. But nap time is concluding, and I am drawing a blank. Recap: Yummy. Simple. Mutli purpose. Less dishes.
1 lbs baby klondike gourmet
1/2 lbs ham
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup jalapenos
4 oz cubed cheese
1 cup shredded cheese
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1. I used baby Klondike potatoes. Any small potato will do really. Quarter the potatoes and add them to a hot skillet along with the olive oil.
2. Seasoning along the way is important, especially with an ingredient like potatoes. The 1 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper is an approximation for the whole dish. So just add some and move on. :)
3. Cook the potatoes till they have browned/crisped on most sides. This will take approximately 12-15 minutes.
4. After your potatoes have browned, add the diced ham, and diced red and green peppers.
5. Season and stir again. Add the pickled diced jalapenos and cubed cheese. I used extra sharp cheddar and cubed it into 1/4" cubes.
6. Once everything is in the skillet and mixed evenly, crack your eggs on top of the other ingredients. I pretty much jsut spaced them out over the top.
7. Using a spoon, evenly distribute dollops of sour cream over the dish as well.
8. Top with shredded cheese.
9. Bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference and the cheese is melted and browned. :)